Princess 2016 – Thursday

I left work at lunch to catch my flight to Orlando. Once again I used Park N Go for airport parking. I cannot say enough good things about them. They had a little bus follow me to my parking spot. My bag was just under 50 pounds. Luckily, the driver took it from my car into the bus. He handed me to paper that I would give to my return driver. That is one of the best parts. It has your exact spot in it so you don’t have to remember where you parked. They will drop you off right at your car.

I got to the airport a good 90 minutes before my flight. I had done online check in so I had my boarding pass. I went to check my bag. This time, I had to go through the kiosk. Really, it was painless and soon my bag was tagged and on its way to the plane. I have TSA pre-check so I headed to the B area. This is all pre-check so the line was short and moved fast. I love not having to take off my shoes! I needed some lunch so I grabbed a chicken quesadilla from Salsarita’s. I love the Charlotte airport for their atmosphere. I grabbed a rocking chair in the main area to hang out and eat. I chatted with the people sitting in the chairs next to me for a while. I finally decided to head to my gate about 10 minutes before boarding would start.

When I got to the gate, I realized they all have monitors now with a countdown to boarding time. I noticed a few ladies in the gate area that were probably also going to Princess, but didn’t disturb them by asking. Soon, it was boarding time. As usual, people were crowding around the line area way before their time to board. I am with Group 1 so I get to board after First Class and all the Frequent Fliers with status. I had to excuse my way through a few people although I’ve been in worse. I had a middle seat this time because I refuse to pay more for an aisle which is my preferred seat. Honestly, it wasn’t bad. Once everyone was on, the lady next to me started chatting. We talked the whole flight. She warned me she would do that, but I really don’t mind. We were actually ready to leave a few minutes early and then the captain came on. He told us there was some issue that the maintenance worker would have to reboot something to fix. It would be a few minutes. Luckily, it was fixed and we were on our way only slightly behind schedule. After an enjoyable flight, we arrived in Orlando almost on time. I had told my seatmate about the Princess and so she had me put on my tiara while we were waiting to deplane and took a picture for me.

I texted my roommate, Jamie, when I landed. We normally meet in the airport for the ride to the resort. I was surprised to find out she had got on to an earlier flight and was already at the resort in our room. I went to baggage claim and had to wait a few minutes before my bag made its appearance. Then I headed to the Magical Express.

I had given them all the flight info. So, the just scanned my band and pointed me to the correct line. We waited about 10 minutes before they boarded us. They scan a band as you leave the line and walk to the bus. I had my bag stowed under the bus (there is not much room in the seats). I texted my sister, Katie, the info I had from Jamie. She lives in the Orlando area and was driving over after her husband got home. We were the first stop, Caribbean Beach Resort. I decided to walk to the room instead of wait for the internal bus since I was restless and excited. It was a short 10 minute walk to Martinique. I found Jamie napping in the room. She flies in from CA so a brief nap helps her body get on schedule. She told me she left her luggage for Magical Express, which we normally don’t do, and it hadn’t arrived yet. We decided we were both hungry and went to the food court to grab some dinner before Katie came. I ended up getting penne al fredo with sausage meatballs and garlic bread.

The sausage meatballs were awesome! I wasn’t sure if I would like them, but I ate every bit of that dinner. My magic band hadn’t worked to pay (Jamie had covered me), so we walked over to the concierge to fix it. He had me reset my pin. At that point, Katie was on her way so we went back to the room.

I had some meetup giveaways that I needed to package up. I did that while we waited. Once Kate got there, we had some other things to do for our group meetup the next day. My mom had put together the name buttons and my sister had them. I had printed off labels to use for each name. We quickly put the labels on the buttons and alphabetized them. Then, we decorated our windows. We were on a corner so we had 2 areas of windows. I do love decorating them and it turned out well even if it doesn’t show up as much in the pictures.

At that point, we knew we needed sleep. Even though we weren’t running the 5k in the morning, we had a big day planned. Since Jamie’s suitcase hadn’t come yet, she called. She was assured they knew where it was and would c all her right back. Of coarse, it was late and we were going to sleep. Luckily, she had an extra shirt and the rest of the clothes she travelled in were comfortable enough to sleep in. So, we called it a night. Incidentally, the person never called back.

About kristincooke

I am a mother of 2 that started running in 2012. I also enjoy baking and some crafts.
This entry was posted in Running and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s