Princess 2016 – Monday

Monday is always a sad day. It is the day we have to check out. To save time, Katie drove us over to Polynesian for our breakfast at Kona Cafe. We easily found a parking spot and walked to the lobby. We were early and the lady we were meeting was actually having trouble getting over to the Polynesian. So, we walked around the lobby for a bit. It has changed quite a bit since the remodel. This little guy now greets you in the lobby instead of the massive waterfall.

It does make the lobby feel much bigger and more open.

We checked in at our reservation time and ended up with a table by the lobby. The fourth person joined us within 10 minutes. Here is the breakfast menu for Kona.

I’ve heard lots of people say great things about this place. This is the first time I tried it. They do have POG juice, it’s called Liliko’i Juice on their menu.

I got the Tonga Toast with bacon.

It was amazing and so much! I couldn’t finish it.

Those layers and that sauce need nothing else… no other syrup is necessary.
We saw this beautifully themed map on the wall as we were leaving.

It was a great breakfast and I would go back in a heartbeat. If you’re not on the dining plan, it’s very reasonably priced, too.

With sad hearts, we drove back to Caribbean Beach for the last time. Katie got all her things together and headed out. Jamie and I packed and cleaned. Then we took our bags up front to wait for the Magical Express. Jamie mailed something out while we were waiting. When my bus came, they actually had enough room for Jamie to come, too. Her bus wasn’t supposed to come for another hour or so. We chatted as we road to the airport. It’s a sad trip, but it’s nice to just sit back and ride and not worry about anything.

I always check my own bag so I went to the counter when we got there. I had to go through the kiosk and print out a bag tag. It worked this time. Then, I met Jamie. We were in the same terminal area and were both TSA Pre-check. So, we went through security together. After waiting quite a while for them to manually check one of Jamie’s bags, we finally caught the monorail over. By this point, we were getting hungry for lunch. We stopped at one of the airport restaurants. Jamie would be waiting a while anyway. I ate and then wished her well. I got to my gate only 5 minutes before boarding started. The flight was uneventful and then I was home.

Another great Princess weekend trip is in the books! I look forward to seeing Jamie again in April for Star Wars Dark Side and a new experience.

About kristincooke

I am a mother of 2 that started running in 2012. I also enjoy baking and some crafts.
This entry was posted in Running and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s